100th Bomb Group Memorial Museum
Today the control tower is the star attraction of the museum housing some of the most prized collections but its history dates back to 1942. Visitors today can be transported back to 1943 through the extensive displays in the control tower detailing the heroics of the men and women stationed at Thorpe Abbotts. The airfield itself covered more than 600 acres and included three runways, the main one of which was 6300ft (1,920 metres) was one of the longest in the Eighth Airforce. It also consisted of 3.5 miles of perimeter track, 50 hardstands, and 300 individual buildings including two hangars, plus 11 miles of concrete roads.
Opening Times : Mar-Oct Sat, Sun & BHol 1000-1700, also Wed May-Sep (last entry 1600).
External Website : Check this link for more information if necessary.
Please do not contact us directly about 100th Bomb Group Memorial Museum, we are just listing it here. Some contact details are shown above should you need to contact them directly.