Bancroft Mill Engine
The original 1920 mill steam engine was the 13th and last mill built in Barnoldswick, and is preserved in operating condition with working cotton weaving looms, and regular steamings. Centre piece is a 600hp Wiliam Roberts cross compound engine running on steam supplied by a Cornish boiler, both in their original settings. An original Lancashire boiler is preserved but not steamed. Greens economiser with working engine and many cotton weaving artefacts. A Smith Brothers and Eastwood 350hp tandem compound engine is under rebuild on site. Tea towels are woven each steaming day, subject to weaver availability. Museum is open on steaming Sundays at 11.00am, the enginer starts at 1.00pm and runs until 4.30pm.
Opening Times : Static most Sat 1100-1500 (Closed Christmas & New Year). See Diary for steaming days.
01695 424 166
External Website : Check this link for more information if necessary.
Please do not contact us directly about Bancroft Mill Engine, we are just listing it here. Some contact details are shown above should you need to contact them directly.